Thursday, March 19, 2020
Creating a Customer Avatar
Bradley is a 40-year-old real estate agent living in Fort Myers. He has lived in Florida his whole life and he enjoys the warm climate. He is middle-class but has aspirations to move further up the social ladder. He spends many hours every week driving to the office and visiting listed properties with potential buyers. He appreciates a good automobile, but is not a super into cars, so he drives a metallic gray Volkswagen Golf GTi with cloth seats and an automatic transmission. While he enjoys driving on open roads, his back-pain problems make long drives uncomfortable.
Bradley is married without children, and his wife, Kristen, works as a nurse. They have a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with a pool in a quaint suburban neighborhood. They enjoy watching game shows, American Idol, and reruns of The Office together. On weekends, Bradley enjoys getting together with his friends for a round of golf, fishing in the Gulf, or going to the local brewery to socialize and watch sports. He also enjoys a spot of video games on his Xbox when he has time to kill. He's not much of a reader, but he does subscribe to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and DuPont registry to keep up with trends in the economy and the real estate market. He is fiscally conservative but socially liberal, so he's a registered independent who supports political candidates that are reasonable, fairly moderate, and pro-business. He is generally happy but looks forward to earning more so that he and Kristen can travel the world and have adventures like skiing, hiking, and white-water rafting.
I myself share some similarities with Bradley. I also appreciate cars, although I'm much more into them than he is. I also aspire to move up from the middle class so I can afford to go on trips and have amazing experiences. We both enjoy The Office and playing Xbox, and we have similar political ideologies. This is no coincidence, as my segment is very broad, so I decided that my prototypical customer should be someone in the segment somewhat similar to me since I myself want the product that I have developed in this course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jake,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post about your prototypical customer. It was interesting to read about the similarities yourself and the customer had. I too saw that I had many similarities to my custom avatar. I loved how much detail you gave, as you even listed his wife's job, what shows he watches, and his political views. Reading your post allowed me to dive deeper into my custom avatar and make a more detailed story line for her.